Reminder about roadside pickup rules | Community Spirit
White Goods Roadside Pickup Service provides for the handling and disposal of large and unwieldy items the county garbage collectors cannot accommodate.
Periodically they wish to remind residents of the following rules concerning the pickup services:
- Items should be placed at a residential dwelling; adjoining the County right-of-way in a manner so as not to pose a danger to traffic while providing access for the trucks.
- Household items such as mattresses, fridges, TVs, washers, etc. are allowed.
- Tree limbs over eight feet should be cut into smaller pieces.
- Leaves and/or grass clippings must be boxed or bagged.
- Yard debris and shrubs are allowed.
Items prohibited from the pickup service include:
- Construction debris or commercially-generated debris
- Biohazardous materials
- Loose leaves/grass
Items are not to be placed in drainage ditches to avoid erosion and overflow. The service is not allowed on State highways, therefore items cannot be picked up on State right-of-ways.
If you have any questions or need more information, contact the Colbert County Garbage Collection Agency at 256-383-9918.
Copyright 2013 WAFF. All rights reserved.